Yutree are able to consider liability insurance for most trades on our BIBA scheme. October has been a busy month with lots of activity generated by our change of capacity provider and widened underwriting appetite.
To give you a flavour, this month, we have written liability policies for the following trades:
- Domestic cleaning service provider
- Marine electrical engineer
- Mobile crane hirer
- Piling contractors
- Calligraphy society
- Injection moulding
- Roofing contractor
- Haulage contractors
- Retailer of beauty products
- Freelance promoter for musicians
- Personal trainer
- Civil engineers
- Swimming pool operator
- Rigging contractor
- Car park operator
- Asbestos surveyor
- Demolition contractor
- Manufacturer of sports equipment
- Plant hirers
- Game shoot
- Event logistics manager
- On-line retailers of home brewing product
Why use Yutree?
- Fast quote turnaround
- £150 minimum premiums
- Exclusive quotes
- No policy or admin fees
- ‘A’rated security
- Competitive premiums
- Flexible underwriting
If you would like a quote or to discuss any aspect of trading with Yutree, please call Laura High or one of the team on 01638 675992 or e-mail Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yutree are specialists in the provision of liability insurance. We have rates for over 600 trades and can, therefore, quote for most liability risks.
One of the trades, which we have a particular specialism in, is road haulage. Our underwriters have a long history of underwriting liability insurance for the haulage sector. We can advise you on your clients’ requirements whether they are an owner operator, a large fleet operator, a freight forwarder, operating car transporters, driving into Europe, employing mechanics, requiring cover for warehousing, carrying hazardous goods or based in Northern Ireland.
An example of where we are frequently asked for advice is the area of operator’s licences. Haulage contractors require an operator’s licence where their vehicles have a gross plated weight of over 3.5 tonnes or an unladen weight of 1.525 tonnes, where there is no plated weight. There are some exemptions to this rule which we can talk you through although, more commonly arising, there is a misconception in the sector that hauliers can operate under each other’s licences or can circumnavigate this rule in other ways. It is, therefore, important that you are clear as to what your client requires so that, as their broker, you can make certain that they are not invalidating their insurance by operating outside of the law. Please call us if you are unsure and we will be happy to advise you.
Why use Yutree for your hauliers’ liability quotes?
- £250 + ipt minimum premium
- £250 third party property damage excess
- 24 hour quote turnaround
- Exclusive quotations
- Northern Ireland risks accommodated
- Competitive premiums and flexible underwriting
- 15% commission for employers, public and products liability
- ‘A’ rated security
Get in touch
If you would like to get a quotation from us then please do not hesitate to get in touch with me or one of the team on 01638 675992 or e-mail me on email@example.com
We are delighted to announce the launch of our brand new binding authority liability product backed by Endurance Lloyd’s Syndicate 5151. This product replaces our existing BIBA Liability scheme backed by W.R. Berkley along with our other liability facilities.
What does this mean for brokers?
As Coverholders at Lloyd’s we have been able to partner with Endurance to provide a flexible solution for employers, public and products liability business. With increased capacity and underwriting authority, we are able to underwrite much more of your business in-house offering a fast turnaround on quotes and a much wider risk appetite with rates for over 600 trades. Coupled with market leading cover and with the strong financial backing of Lloyd’s, Liability by Yutree now offers you and your clients so much more.
“The Yutree Liability scheme has proved very popular with the BIBA membership since its inception in September 2015. The new capacity will further enhance the capabilities of the scheme with many more trades now being able to be catered for, whilst maintaining a simple and straightforward placement process” – Steve White, Chief Executive, British Insurance Brokers Association
What can we write?
- Contractors liability for most types of contractor
- General liability risks including retail, wholesale, manufacturing, leisure, food and drink, freight and transport and clubs and associations and much more
- Property owners liability for landowners, communal areas, building plots etc
Why use Yutree?
- Low minimum premiums of £150 + ipt
- 600+ trades can be considered
- Flexible underwriting including being able to accommodate overseas workers, Bartoline extensions, multiple trades, overseas exports etc.
- Fast quote turnaround
- No administration or policy fees
- 15% commission across all sections
- Standard & Poor’s A rated security
- Exclusive quotes
If you would like a quote or to discuss any of the above, please feel free to call me on 01638 675992/07712 427988 or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are delighted to launch our brand new product, Hauliers Liability by Yutree.
In partnership with Aviva, Yutree are bringing you access to our exclusive hauliers liability product providing employers, public and products liability cover for your haulage, removal and courier clients.
We have a long history of underwriting haulage business and can help you to win and retain business in this sector with our service, advice, cover and premiums.
Whether your client is an owner operator or managing a larger fleet we are providing a liability solution to deal with the compensation claims which they may be faced with in the course of running their business. From an employee accident at work to third party property damage, it is vital that your client can be confident that all claims will be dealt with swiftly. The transport industry is one which simply must keep moving therefore we provide peace of mind that all legal liabilities are covered by people who really understand the sector.
Why deal with Yutree for your hauliers liability requirements?
- Excellent financial security
- Exclusive quotes
- Competitive pricing
- No proposal forms
- £250 third party property damage excess
- 15% commission
- Rating based on wages and turnover
- Flexible and logical approach to underwriting
- Minimum premiums of £350 + ipt
- Excess PL/Prods layers available
If you would like to discuss a risk, find out more or get a quote then please do get in touch with me or one of the team on 01638 675992 or email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support.
In partnership with BIBA we are providing members with an employers, public and products liability product designed for one man bands through to multi-million pound operations. As well as for general commercial businesses, we provide liability cover for risks which may not fit on-line solutions and which require an underwriter to consider the exposures. This flexible product along with access to underwriters and a straightforward and efficient service offering is proving very popular with brokers and their clients.
As a broker, looking for a liability quote for a trade which doesn’t appear in a drop down menu or if a risk is small or new, is not always easy and can take up half of your day. We want to provide you with a fast and easy solution for these risks with quick quotes and documents issued the same day that cover is instructed.
If you’d like a quotation or to discuss any aspect of trading with Yutree then please give me or one of the team a call on 01638 675992 or 07712 427988 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to have a look at our website and find out more
And click here to see our entry on BIBA’s new website
As liability specialists we are often asked to explain when Employers Liability Cover is required under the Employers Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act 1969 (‘the Act’). It is the nuances of the rules which clients can misunderstand. Here we provide some clarity around those grey areas to assist you in your discussions with your clients.
Employers Liability Insurance covers a company for liability for damages in respect of bodily injury, death or disease caused to employees arising out of and in the course of their employment by the insured. All Employers Liability policies are required by law to carry a minimum limit of indemnity of £5m for any one claim. It is industry standard for cover to be issued with a £10m limit – work carried out offshore &/or with asbestos is an exception to this and is normally limited to £5m. Your client is responsible for the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. The Health and Safety Executive is the enforcement authority for Employers Liability insurance compliance. Your client’s business may be fined up to £2,500 for any day they trade without suitable insurance.
What is the definition of an employee?
Whether or not your client needs Employers Liability insurance depends on the terms of their employment contract. This can be spoken, written or implied. It is the nature of the relationship with the people who work for them and the degree of control that they have over the work that they do which defines how they should be treated for insurance purposes.
One area which is commonly misunderstood by clients is around insuring sub-contractors. Your client will employ sub-contractors on one of two bases:
Labour only Sub-Contractors (LOSC) – LOSCs work under your clients’ supervision and direction. Your client will supply materials and tools. The LOSC is paid wages by the main contractor and is classed as an employee for whom your client should buy Employers Liability insurance
Bona Fide Sub-Contractors (BFSC) – BFSC work under their own supervision and direction. They will provide their own materials and tools. They are generally employed to carry out a specialist/particular type of work within a job (i.e. scaffolding/plumbing etc). The BFSC should have their own liability insurance in place and it is important that your client always checks this for their own protection. If the BFSC’s insurance fails, your client is required to provide contingent cover. If there is an accident and a BFSC is injured and their own employers liability cover fails, your client could be responsible for a claim under their public liability section. Your client does not need to buy Employer’s Liability insurance for BFSC.
So does my client really need the cover?
Your client must have Employers Liability insurance if they have employees unless they are exempt. The following employers are exempt:
- Most public organisations including government departments and agencies, local authorities, policy authorities and nationalised industries;
- Health service bodies, including National Health Service trusts, health authorities, primary care trusts and Scottish health boards;
- Some other organisations which are financed through public funds, such as passenger transport executives and magistrates’ courts committees.
Your client is obliged to insure Employers Liability where:
- They deduct NI and income tax from the money they pay employees;
- They have the right to control where and when their employees work and how they do it;
- They supply their employees work materials and equipment;
- They have a right to the profit their workers make;
- They require that person only to deliver the service and they cannot employ a substitute if they are unable to do the work;
- Their employees are treated in the same way as other employees, for example, they do the same work under the same conditions as someone else they employ;
- Their employees work for them on an unpaid basis whether they are students, volunteers, interns or other helpers;
- Their employees are students, on a work experience programme, or taking part in a training programme
Your client may not need employers’ liability insurance where:
- Their employees do not work exclusively for them (for example, if they operate as an independent contractor);
- Their employees supply most of the equipment and materials they need to do the job;
- Their employees are clearly in business for their own personal benefit;
- Their employees can employ a substitute when they are unable to do the work themselves;
- Their employees are all close family members (this exemption only applies if the company is not incorporated as Ltd company)
- They do not deduct income tax or national insurance. However, even if someone is self-employed for tax purposes they may be classed as an employee for other reasons and your client may still need employers’ liability insurance to cover them
- The company employs only their owner where that employee also owns 50% or more of the issued share capital in the company
If you have any questions, please contact me on 01638 675992 or email@example.com or speak to one of our team here at Yutree.
Since its launch in September, Liability by Yutree has proved to be a popular addition to the existing BIBA schemes. It would appear that lots of brokers have ‘one of those’ liability enquiries on their desks.
We are looking to help you with quirky and unconventional liability risks (as well as the normal ones!) We add value on risks which don’t fit an electronic solution and need an underwriter to understand the exposures and to rate them accordingly.
Our minimum premium is £150+ipt and there is no upper limit on turnover.
The following is a list of some of the trades that we have underwritten liability cover for since we launched this product. This gives you a good idea of the breadth of appetite that we have for liability business:
- Dance class
- Social networking facilitator and app designer
- Beekeepers association
- Funeral director
- Seller of coconut oil products
- Health food retailer
- Provider of Bubble Soccer facility
- Land owner
- Distributors of beauty and skincare products
- Calligraphy society
- Property owner using site for car boot sales
- Rental of storage containers
- Wholesaler of vacuum pumps
- Cafe and bike hire
- Chocolate manufacturer
- Banner manufacturer
- Window and door manufacture
- Pipe lagging
- Provision of celebrants
- Livestock keeper
If you have a risk that you would like us to consider or if you would like to talk about trading with Yutree then please do give me a call on 01638 675992/07712427988 or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from you